17 Dec 2019
1. Advanced General Certificate of Secondary Education
Applicants to undergraduate degree programmes must be in possession of the Advanced General Certificate of Secondary Education, with at least two principal passes in the relevant subject combinations.
2. Alternative Qualifications
Candidates with alternative qualifications will be considered for admission into degree and diploma programmes on the basis of equivalences determined by the College. However, foreign qualifications must be evaluated by the Rwanda Education Board (REB) prior to registration.
3. General Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants for programmes in the College of Education (CE), must have two (2) Principal passes with at least eighteen (18) points in specified courses relevant to the programmes applied for ;
In addition, all applicants must have :
a) A pass in General Paper. Applicants without a pass but meeting the minimum criteria in terms of Principal subjects passes shall qualify for admission but shall be required to pass a special common course offered by UR, prior to graduation ;
b) An English Language Proficiency Test Certificate. Applicants without proof of English proficiency will be required to register for and pass an English language course offered by the College of Education. The pass mark for the English proficiency test is 70%.
B. POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM
To qualify for admission into a Masters Programme by Coursework and Dissertation, applicants must :
• Have obtained a Bachelors’ Degree with Honours, Second-Class Upper Division (Level 5 in the Rwandan qualifications Framework) or a qualification deemed equivalent
• Demonstrate sufficient ability in the language of instruction and excellent language proficiency in the case where the language is the discipline of choice for the degree. 10
To qualify for admission to a doctoral degree at the University of Rwanda, applicants must have attained :
• A Masters Degree (Level 6 in the Rwandan qualifications Framework) in an area relevant to the proposed programme of research.
• Demonstrate sufficient ability in English to undertake doctoral-level work.
Entry requirements to postgraduate Diploma and Certificates programmes are similar to those for Masters Programs. Alternative entry requirements into postgraduate programmes may be considered taking into account recognition of prior learning experience.