13 Mar 2021
Joseph Nzabahimana (Ph.D. in Engineering specializing in Materials Science) graduated from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (China) in June 2019. In addition to the Bachelor’s degree in Physics-Education awarded by the former National University of Rwanda, he received his Master’s degree in Physics (Master en sciences physiques, à finalité approfondie) from the University of Liège (Belgium) in June 2013, and a Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education awarded by the University of Rwanda in December 2016.
Nzabahimana joined the University of Rwanda-College of Education (UR-CE) in 2008 as an Assistant Tutor of Physics, and he is currently working as a Lecturer of Physics. In December 2020,he was appointed as an associate member of the African Centre of Excellence for Innovative Teaching and Learning Mathematics and Science (ACEITLMS) based at the UR-CE.
In January 2021, Nzabahimana has been selected as a Member of the Pan-African Scientific Research Council for a period of 5 years.His major research areas include energy storage materials (high-capacity anode materials for lithium-ion batteries), renewable energy and STEM (Physics)-Education. The results of his research were published in internationally recognized journals.
During his PhD, Nzabahimana was awarded the“HUST (Huazhong University of Science and Technology)Honorary International Graduate Certificate” in 2019 and a “HUST Academic Excellence Award” in 2018.
1. Top‐Down Synthesis of Silicon/Carbon Composite Anode Materials for Lithium‐Ion Batteries
2. Fabricating strongly coupled V2O5@PEDOT nanobelts/graphene hybrid films with high areal capacitance and facile transferability for transparent solid-state supercapacitors
3. Facile synthesis of Si@void@C nanocomposites from low-cost microsized Si as anode materials for lithium-ion batteries
4. Porous carbon-coated ball-milled silicon as high-performance anodes for lithium-ion batteries
5. Yolk-shell Si/SiOx@void@C composites as anode materials for lithium-ion batteries