02 Aug 2021
NORPART (Norwegian Partnership Programme for Global Academic Cooperation) supports academic partnerships and student mobility with an emphasis on Master level between higher education institutions in Norway and selected developing countries.
The project “Enhancing Quality and Internationalization of Study Programme through Mobile Transformative Pedagogy (EQIP)” works between University of Agder (Norway), University of Makerere (Uganda) and University of Rwanda. It is a five year project developed in 2018 and implemented since the 1st January 2019.
The main goal of EQIP is to increase employability of generation graduates through student and staff mobility, internationalization of study programmes and promotion of transformative pedagogy.
This will be achieved through the following specific objectives :
• To review curricula and educational methods for selected study programmes and courses at Makerere University (MAK) University of Rwanda (UR) and the University of Agder (UiA) in order to facilitate student mobility, credit transfer and alignment with the requirements of the global job market.
• To increase faculty competence for developing and delivering flexible and engaging curricula relevant for the 21st century global job market
• To establish and implement a framework for mutual student mobility to undertake select course works
• Placements, field work and research within partner countries in order to enable co-creation of knowledge and solutions for the society of the present and the future.
• To establish and implement a framework for mutual staff mobility to create and deliver joint courses, co-supervise students’ projects so as to produce globally competitive graduates with a global mindset as part of their professional and social culture.
• Sustainability, environment, gender perspectives and inclusion and mutual respect.