The University of Rwanda is in recognition of its most female and male Academic Staff who have shown an extraordinary level of scholarly work and clear potential for continuing teaching excellence, is issuing its call for promotion on Tuesday, February 27th, 2018.
Full dossiers, comprising of all the items listed below, should be submitted electronically as well as in hard copy as follows:
1. Up to Senior Lecturer level they will send their applications to the respective College Directors of Administration and Human Resource Management;
2. For Associate Professors and Professors, they will submit their applications to the University Director of Administration and Human Resource Management on email@example.com, by Tuesday, March 27th, 2018:
1. Completed Application for Personal Promotion form (Appendix 3);
2. Candidate’s Statement not exceeding 4,000 words showing clearly what has been done since last promotion/appointment including details on how shortcomings have been addressed from previous unsuccessful application;
3. Curriculum Vitae in the prescribed format (Appendix 4);
4. Certified copies of certificates for qualifications, programmes or courses completed (if applicable);
5. Copies of peer reviewed journal publications;
6. Copies of peer reviewed conference publications;
7. Copies of inside page of the books showing publisher and ISBN number;
8. Copies of books chapters and inside page showing publisher and ISBN number;
9. Copies of other publications to be assessed as research output;
10. Table of post-graduate supervision (if applicable);
11. Line Manager’s Report;
12. Teaching portfolio comprising a self reflection on teaching indicating one's teaching and assessment philosophy, with the following supporting documents to demonstrate teaching skills:
- Course evaluation reports,
- Developed course syllabi/curricula,
- Evidence of developed course materials (e.g. manuals, text books, DVDs).
Complete applications are due by Tuesday, March 27th, 2018.
Failure to submit documents and templates as outlined above may lead to the application not being processed.
Candidates are strongly advised to read and understand the UR Policy and Procedures on Academic Staff Appointments and Promotions and the Guidelines on Teaching Portfolio and Assessment Criteria for further details.
The following documents are the necessary forms and policies for application: